These rigid, strong ion exchange materials are extremely hydrophilic that is ideal for purification of biomolecules. The PL-SAX and PL-SCX materials are totally polymeric and are chemically and thermally stable over a full range of HPLC conditions.
- Ion exchange purifications over a wider pH range extend applications
- HPLC flow rates and rapid equilibration reduce purification cycle times
- Large pore size for improved mass transfer delivers high speed, high resolution purifications
- The 1000 Å pore size is for high capacity purifications
- The 4000 Å with improved mass transfer are intended for large biomolecules and high-speed, high-resolution purifications
Thermal stability enables the use of denaturing conditions and stabilizing/solubilising agents for the purification of target compounds that may associate or degrade under the purification conditions, such as the purification of synthetic oligonucleotides with self-complementary sequences.
Both the 1000 Å and 4000 Å wide-pore materials are mechanically stable and robust and can be operated over a wide range of linear velocities with fast loading of dilute solutions and wash cycles. HPLC flow rates and rapid equilibration reduces purification cycle times.