HiScreen™ columns are prepacked with a range of bioProcess chromatography media (resins) and designed for method optimization and parameter screening.
- Prepacked with Capto™ Butyl
- Excellent for method optimization and parameter screening due to the 10 cm bed height
- Easily connected in series to achieve 20 cm bed height
- Small bed volume for fast results and minimal sample/buffer consumption
- Reproducible results, scalable to BioProcess columns packed with the same media using the same flow velocity
Capto™ Butyl is intended for initial and intermediate step purifications requiring a chromatography medium with low to medium hydrophobicity. Capto™ Butyl often works efficiently with rather low salt concentrations. The mechanism of binding and elution onto the butyl ligand is different from that onto the phenyl ligand, giving a different selectivity. Performance during sample run and selectivity are similar to that of Butyl Sepharose™ 4 Fast Flow. Higher flow rates can be used with Capto™ Butyl during equilibration, wash and regeneration.