Qualitative determination of oxidisable substances including measurement of concentration peaks, personal exposure in the inhalation area, detection of leaks in pipelines or gas installations, air analysis in sewers, shafts and confined spaces.
- Cross sensitivity based on the reaction principle (CO + I₂O5 - > I₂ + CO₂), easily oxidised compounds indicated:
- 2000 ppm acetone ; 10 ppm acetylene ; 50 ppm ethylene ; 1 ppm arsine ; 10 ppm octane ; 50 ppm benzene
- 500 ppm propane ; 100 ppm butane ; 5 ppm carbon monoxide ; 10 ppm styrene
- 1 ppm carbon disulfide ; 20 ppm perchloroethylene ; 2 ppm hydrogen sulfide; 10 ppm toluene, Xylene
- Methane, ethane, hydrogen and carbon dioxide are not indicated.
One stroke is equivalent to a volume of 100 ±5 ml of gas passing through the tube.
Operating conditions: 0 to 50 °C ; Up to 50 mg/l H₂O absolute humidity.