Sera-Mag Streptavidin-Coated Magnetic Beads and SpeedBeads exhibit high affinity and sensitivity for biotinylated target molecules, along with fast reaction kinetics, increasing throughput and precision for genomic and proteomic applications.
- Available with low (2500 to 3500 pmol/mg), medium (3500 to 4500 pmol/mg) or high (4500 to 5500 pmol/mg) nominal biotin binding capacities for optimising assay development
- Low dissociation constant to tightly bound ligands
- Low non-specific binding for greater precision and accuracy
- Available in Sera-Mag SpeedBeads and original Sera-Mag versions
- Even streptavidin coating for reliable results
- Uniform, nominal 1 μm Ø provides high surface area and excellent lot-to-lot reproducibility
Sera-Mag SpeedBeads and Sera-Mag Streptavidin-Coated Magnetic Particles combine fast reaction kinetics and low non-specific binding for increased throughput and precision in such immunoassay and molecular biology applications as sample preparation and assay development for genomics and proteomics.
Compounds that are difficult to attach to particle surfaces by conventional means may be amenable to biotinylation. Sera-Mag SpeedBeads and Sera-Mag Streptavidin-Coated Magnetic Particles provide a high biotin-binding capacity along with a strong affinity for targeted, biotin labeled molecules.
The core of the particle is made by a free radical emulsion polymerisation of styrene and acid monomer. One (Sera-Mag) or two (Sera-Mag SpeedBeads) layers of magnetite are then coated onto this core.