Glu-C protease is a highly specific endoproteinase use to improve sequence coverage in mass spectrometry protein identification applications.
- Hydrolyses proteins specifically at the carboxyl side of glutamic acids thus being complementary to tryptic digests
- Better protein characterisation results from overlapping peptides with complementary sequence coverage and chromatographic, ionization and fragmentation properties thereby increasing sequence coverage
- High specific activity of greater than 500 units/mg protein
- N-terminal arginine cleavage specificity of 90% for a complex protein sample
- Stable since it's provided in a lyophilized format
Applications include improved sequence coverage of proteins, in-solution digestion of proteins and in-gel digestion of proteins.