A thin paper with great wet strength and a very high flow rate. Frequently used in technical applications such as the filtration of viscous liquids and emulsions (e.g., sweetened juices, spirits and syrups, resin solutions, oils, or plant extracts).
- Savings in time required to quadrant-fold circles to fit conical filter funnels in repetitive or multiple analyses
- Decreased overall filtration time because of the extra surface area exposed; the normal slow down of filtration speed due to the loading of particulate is postponed
- Increased total loading capacity as more filter area is available
- Maintained flow rate due to the reduction in filter paper contact with funnel side and the self-supporting shape of the filter itself
- The prepleating does not significantly affect any of the technical data, and the same figures may be used for the flat circles
Time-saving Whatman qualitative grades are offered in this convenient form, which gives major advantages over flat circles.
Also available in flat stock form as Grade 520 a.