This kit teaches aseptic handling techniques and cultivation of bacteria in liquid culture media and on solid phase agar plates. This kit is designed to educate students about the various stages of the bacterial growth cycle, i.e. lag, log or exponential, stationary and decline or death phases. The kit also teaches the importance of growing bacteria on solid phase agar plates to isolate single colonies of bacteria. This lab activity involves preparation of culture medium and solid agar plates.
- Aseptic techniques and bacteria culture
- Study growth curve of bacteria in liquid medium
- Growth of single bacterial colonies on a solid phase
- Hands-on experimentation with microorganisms
- Understand the importance of bacterial culture techniques in industrial biotechnology
Also required: 250 - 300ml Erlenmeyer flasks, spectrophotometer and cuvettes, autoclave (or premade LB Broth and premade LB agar), shaking incubator, incubator, and 10 ml sterile culture tubes.
Informace o dodávce: Supplied with components needed for hands-on experimentation for six workstations of 4 to 5 students or 24 to 30 students. Supplied with Teacher’s Guide and separate Student’s Guides.